Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

This Christmas was phenomenal! A year ago I was a sad and tired Mama of a 7 month old who wouldn't sleep. Christmas was tiring instead of exciting.

This year I'm well rested. My family is settled in our beautiful house. Our toddler makes Christmas exciting again! I must admit, I've been caught up in the fun of the season. He's too little to understand the reason, but the thrill of pretty lights, a tree, packages, and new boys has renewed both mine and the Husband's excitement.

In spite of all of the positivity I've been feeling, I've also been aware of the depth of sadness around me. It makes me sad that people hurt each other. Myself included. I'm also blown away by the way that things turn out for the good. That the rot in my past has made me a better person and deepened my character. It makes me especially thankful for the Gift that Christmas celebrates. Thank God for grace.



My favorite part of Christmas, all dressed up



Oh YES - a plasma car!


Got the hang of this present thing


Walking the puppy

4 comments:

Brenda Funk said...

Amen! Nice pictures.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy and dressing him up just makes him look extra good. Glad to hear Christmas was a good time for you this year.

prashant said...

great pic

How to make a website

Wendy Barkman said...

I feel like I can identify with so much of your post - the awe at good out of rot, the pleasure at feeling happy during Christmas, the relief of coming back to a semi-normal state... Neat, isn't it?