Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What Warms a House Better than Coffee?

I loved my old coffee maker. I really did. I liked it's shiny stainless steel exterior. I liked that it was programmable - it could make coffee before I was even out of bed. It's a great idea, but I never once used it. Whoops. I liked being able to set the temperature of the carafe to low, medium, or high. I love the smell, the taste, the social sharing of the drink.

Honest, I was sad when it died. One day it's little heart just couldn't pump the water from the basin, through the coffee grounds, and into the pot. It gurgled and steamed but no life saving brown stream emerged.

But then I got a housewarming gift. My Mama, she likes coffee too. For years she has proclaimed the wonders of the Bunn coffee maker. I admit, I was jealous sometimes. Coffee reminds me of my Mum. They go hand in hand. A visit just isn't complete without some java. Realizing the loss I was grieving and searching for an idea for a houswarming gift, she went the very next day and purchased me the John Deere of coffee makers. It even said "Nothing Brews Like a Bunn" on the box.
You're coming over for coffee, you say? Give me three minutes. The coffee will be hot and ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UMMM, YOU GOT INSTANT? LOL... NEED I SAY WHO THIS IS???
(BUT YES, I HAVE HEARD OF THE WONDERS OF BUNN, AMAZING GIFT!)

Anonymous said...

Coffee is wonderful...but it has to be good coffee, strong, very hot and fresh. Instant?!! I don't think so.