Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Countdown

In many ways this past year has felt long. We've had many changes in our life. Positive changes, but big changes. They range from becoming parents to building a house. Most of it I think I've coped quite well with. Often, though, I've wished I could get out of the house more and dabble in work. I miss nursing and interacting with adults. I've also wished for the freedom of having a second vehicle so that we're not stranded at home when the Husband is working.

Now that it's almost over, it feels like everything happened in the wink of an eye. Wasn't it yesterday that I was pregnant? This is officially my last week on Maternity leave. Next week I start a half time, permanent position in the Recovery Room of a local hospital. No shift work required - it's only day shifts. I'm pumped about it.


I'm a little nervous about how Isaiah will do at day care. He's likely more resilient than I am and will do fine. But geez, if he takes his first steps there I will be so jealous.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HANDSOME BOY! NICE SHIRT!

joyce said...

he is a very handsome boy.
When I get a child at 12 months, I tell the parents that I will bold-faced lie to them if their child first walks while in my care.

It usually works. I mean that the children always seem to take their first steps at home with their ma and pa.

great shoes on him too!

Wendy Barkman said...

Oh, there is nothing like the twinges I felt when I first went back to work with Gabe. Like Joyce said, it all worked out. And, yes, magically, Gabriel took his first steps at home. But I needed to be willing to give in to the possibility it might happen with his caregiver.