Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Holidays

We just finished our summer vacation. We kept it simple this year, sticking close to home. Most of our time and money will disappear into finishing our house, landscaping, etc. There is still much work to be done and endless "stuff" we should/could purchase.

On Sunday the Husband, the Boy and I checked into a Hotel. Isaiah played in the water and watched the big kids play. He cried when we left. In the evening we dropped him off at the in-laws. By "we" I mean the Husband... I wasn't up for spoiling my night by walking away from my crying Boy. The Drop Off went as I expected. I was nervous - the Boy had never stayed with the In-laws for longer than a few hours.

We had a lovely supper and a good mix of light and serious conversation. Then we walked to the theater and enjoyed a chick flick (Thanks, Husband). We headed to bed shortly after midnight, then laid in a soft, King sized bed and whispered sweet nothings to each other. We left the phones on just in case the Boy wasn't handling his sleep over well. I laid awake for a long time after the Husband slept.

After a refreshing night of no interruptions, we touched base with Mom-In-Law and went for breakfast. We enjoyed some shopping and tea time. The Husband indulged in various spa services (my time is coming, with a good friend). The Husband bought me a wicked hot little bathing suit.

The Boy did fine at the In-Laws. Next time will be easier. This couple time was essential for us. I have missed the Husband. And it turns out, he has missed me.

1 comment:

Brenda Funk said...

So glad for you two! And I'm glad you gave the 'other' Grandma a chance to bond with Isaiah in her own way -- glad it went well! Love Mom