Sunday, February 7, 2010

This n' That

I haven't written for a while, so while the Boys chill on the couch and watch the Superbowl I shall get things up to speed. Dad, Tim, and my boys are hanging out. Dad is cheering for the loser, whoever that may be at any given moment and so his team is sure to lose.

We're just over half way through winter, I think. This winter has been way easier than last and has been, for the most part, pretty easy. Lately I've been finding myself unreasonably anxious at times and I remind myself that spring is coming. The days are getting longer, the sun is feeling warm. There are some little changes coming down the tubes that occupy a lot of my thoughts. Nothing big or life changing.

My toddler keeps life exciting. I often say it's less work to go to work than it is to stay home with him. He's incredibly verbal and picks up concepts in no time. Sleep is our ongoing issue. On average we're up twice a night. Otherwise he's pretty easy going and fun loving.

The Husband is gearing up for his first course towards his Masters of Counselling. I think it's going to be a stretching, growing kind of time for him from which I expect good things. He is planning to get involved with the Behavioral Health Unit at work and thinking beyond to his retirement years. He can have a full pension at 46!

My work is starting to feel comfortable. I love my job and my coworkers. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I never believed I would find such a good fit for myself.

Life is a pretty comfortable kind of normal. We're growing, loving, and learning. Our house feels like home and our community... well that's starting to feel maybe a little bit like home too. We're planning a trip to visit family in May. We're going to spend as much time with Baby Rachel as we can and love my brother and his family with everything we've got. A small trip to Minneapolis in June to see U2 in concert will be it for the summer. We have lots of landscaping to do!

And that pretty much sums it up!

No comments: