Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Due date

Today is a special day. It's my due date. I have been mindful of the twins all day. Not in a tragic sort of way, but remembering them and my pregnancy with fondness. How I wish those kids would have joined our family here!  I wonder what they would look like. If they would be in NICU. Or if I'd be getting any sleep. It's kind of hard to fathom what life would be like. I miss them.

In reality they would have been born weeks ago. For that reason I didn't put too much emphasis on this, my due date. I did, however, turn the soil and water the trees we got in memory of them and was mindful of the little people they represented. I walked around the mall and looked at newborn clothes and wished I could have dressed them.  I snuggled my Boy a little more than usual.

But I also did something exciting!  My husband and I attended the fertility clinic for an ultrasound and we got to see our 7 week old baby's heart ticking away!  And that did wonders to turn our focus from death to life. How very blessed we are!


6 comments:

Brenda Funk said...

Indeed! So excited. Blessings on all of you!

Anonymous said...

A baby on the way for you!!! I am so happy for you.

Amy said...

Beautifully written as always. Congratulations sis!!

janice said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting. And, yes, this was beautifully written.

Wendy said...

My perception is that this is so beautifully written because you're at a beautiful place within yourself. I love it when I feel the way you sound in this post - like you're accepting and nurturing of the pains and the joys. And aren't those joys something else?

janice said...

Hey miss Valarie Ruth, I am scared to ask how it is going, but I want to know. Here's hoping you have a substantial belly and are getting kicked.

(I am an occasional attendee at your brother's church and am VERY fond of him, for what I know of him.) I am also a faithful follower of Joyce's blog and now Joyce knows I am real - or at least Pastor David does.