Friday, September 14, 2007

Job Hunting Blues

I recently decided that I wanted to work closer to home. The 1 hr commute is long, especially in winter with a sore back. In the city here, I could take the bus to work and our one-car arrangement would work better.

So I sent out my resumes. I heard back from a couple of place and got myself 2 interviews. I thought I had done okay. Not stellar, but okay. But I didn't get either.

Because of a recent change of events around here I had already decided to stick it out in Portage until my 2 year commitment is over early next year. Financially it looks like it'll be a better deal.

But I really would have liked to have the chance to turn the jobs down....

4 comments:

mmichele said...

nobody seems to want to hire me, either, these days. i even re-checked my resume for typos...

Anonymous said...

disappointing... i hate those "rejection" letters/phone calls/no calls!!!! at one point in my life i actually saved them! maybe it's still a good idea, i don't know, but somehow crunching them up and using them as fire starters sounds way more appealing

Anonymous said...

MAYBE THIS WAS A HIGHER HAND DIRECTING YOUR PATH...?

i know you're a fantastic nurse... i've seen you nursing before you started nursing school!!! you give your all!

Anonymous said...

remember... you are just starting out -- who is called is very often determined just as much by who else is applying, as by how well you did in your interview!
Don't be too hard on yourself! They don't know what they missed by not calling you!Love MOM