I've been feeling extra pinchy lately. Upon sitting in the tub to reflect on any good reasons for these feelings, I came up with an early Thursday 13.
1. Deathiversaries. Nov 15th marks one year since Aunt Wendy died. The chaos left behind has been nothing short of tragic. And we miss her.
2. Changing body shapes. As happy as I am about the Baby on the way, the changes I see in my body bother my non-rational, fat-fearing mind. My immediate reaction to the belly protrusion is to think of it as an INtrusion. I'm learning to appreciate the curves. One day at a time. Sometimes.
3. Winter darkness. It's dark when I go to work and when I return. Enough said.
4. Full time work. I'm a much better nurse when I work part time. I like people a lot more.
5. Uncalled for interruptions when all I want to do is enjoy a hot bubble bath.
6. Hormones. I'm pregnant. Blame it on the Baby.
7. Sore backs. And not being able to take anything for it.
8. No snow in the middle of November. Everything is grey and brown. Yuck. I'm ready for a nice white blanket.
9. Cancer. I think only good people get it. The antidote - be nasty.
10. Wind. I don't mind cold if it isn't windy out.
11. Christmas music in November.
12. Malls packed with holiday shoppers. In November.
13. Long bus rides. My commute to and from work isn't any shorter than driving out to Portage. And it's a lot less enjoyable.
Now that I've got that all off my chest, maybe I'll be just a smidgen less cantankerous. I know the Husband hopes so...