Sunday, November 4, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

It's the Sunday morning of the time change. Just by a push of the button on my clock, my life has gained an hour. I wish the world would do this more often. My newly acquired "up in the morning" sense woke me an hour earlier than what I had hoped for. Thus I have the time to make coffee, eat a relaxed breakfast, catch up on people's blogs, and write one myself. It's not that I don't have plenty of ideas that I want to write about. It's just that work interferes.

As usual Oct 31 came and went. It's really not one of my top ten favorite days in the year but the Husband always seems to enjoy it. This year I went along with him for the first time and participated in carving a pumpkin. His is Homer. And mine is the one eating the poor, unhappy gourd. I'm quite pleased with my result.

Maybe I'll do it again next year.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME CARVINGS!! AUSTIN CARVED A PUMKIN THIS YEAR AS WELL... AND I DIDN'T EVEN TAKE A PICTURE OF IT, CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT??

David Funk said...

I feel really, really sorry for the poor gourd. Poor Gord. Life always did seem to have it out for him.

Anonymous said...

Actually it looks like Homer is terrified of your jack o lantern! I didn't know you could carve such a mean looking pumpkin! Good job!