Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Love My Job

For the first time in my short career I'm truly happy at work. My Thursday 13 tells you why...

1. A 20 minute commute is the shortest I've ever had.

2. Parking costs six cents an hour. The last place I worked cost $75/month.

3. Hands on patient care. I have learned I do not love clinic nursing.

4. Half time gives me lots of flexibility to pick up shifts, be at home, and catch up on rest.

5. Amazing co-workers.

6. A positive environment.

7. Compliments and encouragement.

8. Constructive criticism.

9. All day shifts. No evenings, no nights, no weekends.

10. A babysitter I feel confident in. I couldn't enjoy being at work if I was worried about my baby.

11. Social interaction with adults. How I've missed adults.

12. Intellectual stimulation and the opportunity to learn.

13. Uninterrupted eating time. This never happens at home. My body is benefiting from more food, more often already.

5 comments:

brenda Funk said...

Great list -- a good exercies to try to think of all the good things in our situations once in a while! Maybe I should make a list when I feel grumbly... love MOM

Linda said...

Wow! Sounds good. Glad you're enjoying it!

Ms. Caddywumpus said...

This is my favorite 13 you've ever done - so positive! And so wonderful to hear, er, read. I'm so glad you've found your professional "home".

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Where are you working now? Josi

joyce said...

sounds just like a friend of mine who recently re-located to where you are working now.

so good to hear in this day and age of nursing care.