Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Babysitting

So far I like my neighbors. I can't say I know any of them well, but they are friendly and agreeable so far. There is one I visit with more than the others. She's laid back and fun, from what I can tell. She has adult kids living with her.

She told me once that one of her daughters would love to babysit for us if we ever want/need her to. I thought that was a kind gesture.

Then I met her daughter in the mall and we had a pleasant 5 minute conversation. She also offered to babysit. She told me that the Boy is the most handsome child she has ever laid eyes on, and she gets bonus points for that.

Ever since, the neighbor continues to remind me that her daughter would love to babysit. I always smile and say thanks.

Now, I'm not one to be suspicious. The husband does enough of that for both of us. But it is starting to weird me out. And the offers just keep coming. They are probably just kind people who like kids, but I don't even know that I'd recognize this girl again if I bumped into her.

So I will continue to smile and be gracious. That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, interesting...offering once or twice I can see, but every time you see them? Strange.

-Becky

brenda funk said...

Yeah -- you do want to actually get to know them a bit before leaving your baby in their hands for any period of time by himself! But it is a kind offer... love MOM