Monday, July 9, 2007

It's Not Fair!

I never thought that I was the kind of person who figured life should be fair. I really didn't. I've always thought that children should learn that life isn't fair so that they can be prepared to accept the fact when they are adults.

But recently, I've caught myself saying "that's just not fair! Why do they get this, and I don't?" and other similar whiny statements.

Then I catch myself. Because I really don't like whiners. And life really isn't fair. If we all got what we deserved, we'd all be in much worse situations.

And I will just have to keep reminding myself of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is something in us that cries out for life to be fair, no matter how much we know that it isn't, and never will be. I think it speaks to eternity, when all will be restored, and truly " all will be well, and all will be well, and all manner of things will be well". Love MOM