Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Lonely

Sometimes I just feel lonely. I make friends easily and have so many wonderful people in my life. But tonight I'm missing all of the ones that seem most important.

1 - Ingrid. I have so much I want to tell her.
2 - Jenny. It sucks having your only sister live across the ocean from you.
3 - Lynds. As if lifelong friends are allowed to move provinces away. And they're not even gone yet.

Of course, the people who ARE around don't seem nearly as significant when your heart is hurting. I can't imagine life without:

1- My parents. Love them to bits.
2 - The Husband. My rock.
3 - My extended family. Amazing supporters.

The Husband and I need to find ways to meet more couple friends. It seems like we have our work circle friends and that the couples don't really come together. We have no idea how to go about doing this. But it feels like a void.

It's 2:30 AM. I suppose that might have something to do with feeling blue. Perhaps it's time to tuck in, snuggle into my heating pad, and have a good long rest.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey sis I miss you too... but not too long now till I see you again! It can be really tough to make couple friends, somehow we've managed to make a lot of friends here by now, but I remember how lonely I used to get. Maybe you'll be able to have more of a social life together now that you're switching jobs, that'll definitely help.

Anonymous said...

This seems to be part of contemporary life -- people move around a lot, so your circle of friends has to keep changing. Getting to know other couples used to happen in your neighborhood, or in your church, but neighborhoods and churches are not what they used to be either. And of course, developing new friendships always takes time... doesn't happen overnight. But you have a great ability to meet and make new friends -- so it will happen! Love MOM

joyce said...

on some level, you and I share a heart. I understand the ache of wanting couple friends. They are rare, and not easily come by.
And its ok to feel lonely, even when you are achingly aware that you are NOT alone at all. It means you love deeply.