Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Shoes

Trust me when I say, I don't have a shoe fetish. In fact, the Husband probably owns more shoes at this given moment than I have in my entire life. I like shoes to be visually appealing, but mostly practical and supportive. I can wear a pair of shoes even when the style passes, as long as they still feel good for years until they wear out.

But today the fascination returned. I saw the red high heel at the curb of the street. Alone with no partner. No feet to carry it. And my mind was full of questions. How could a person not realize that they lost one shoe? Where is it's partner? I'd love to know the story of how the shoe ended up alone and kicked to the curb, covered in dust.

I've had a secret desire for years. I'd love to photograph wayward shoes such as this one. It's not a practical hobby though as I'd often have to stop the car to take a picture and traffic just might take offense. But if I could, I'd collect photos of shoes on the street or tied together and dangling from hydro wires. With dates and locations.

I'd love to do that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, that's a close second to foot pictures, and i love those, lol... so, why not, start something new.
ps... was it a strappy number or a pump?

Anonymous said...

Oh, but you should!
Reminds me of this movie Korey and I watched - can't for the life of me remember it's name. I kind of have a difficulty that way - with remembering names of movies, I mean.

Kent & Tina Derhousoff said...

That's funny Val, I have ALWAYS wondered the exact same thing!!!