Monday, July 28, 2008

Update

I'd like to post more. I really would. But somehow my day seems to fritter away with nothing real accomplished except for the proof that my baby is growing. I'm generally not very good at looking at these four walls day after day after day. Finally Isaiah is starting to enjoy going for walks which means we can at least get out of the house. The monotony of staying at home with a Baby gets to me though. I've officially started to job hunt, having sent out one resume last week to an employer that I would love to work for.

The last few days have been a whirlwind of activity that makes my head spin. Family visits have been frequent. The Husband and his brothers went to work on the back yard. Now there is lush grass and a beautiful deck where there was once only gravel. Having the opportunity to sip a cup of coffee on the deck feels like a small bit of heaven. The house and the yard are beautiful. Even my flowers look good. I love this place.

Today Isaiah and I are enjoying a day at home. Too slow is bad, too fast is bad. It's been too fast lately and we need a couple of days at home to recover before we feel bored again. The morning and afternoon always pass quickly. It's the evenings that feel like forever when it's just the two of us doing what we do. Laundry happens almost every day, the majority of which is no longer the Husband's clothing. I still need to get a load going.

Isaiah is a bright boy. He loves to talk to strangers, one at a time. Too many people at once overwhelm him. He smiles and coos constantly and his fussy times are almost non-existent. Most of the time he sleeps well. Most recently he has started turning from his back to his side. He can spend hours studying a new toy and love to lay on his back and kick. He's such a pleasant kid. I'm one lucky mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are lucky indeed! He is a lovely boy. Glad to hear you enjoying your day to yourselves! I can't wait to see your backyard improvements! Love MOM

Kent & Tina Derhousoff said...

I was thinking of riding my bike to your house for a visit with you and Isaiah. What is a good day for you?