Wednesday, May 16, 2007

ER

Sometimes I work in the Emergency Department. It's not my favorite place to be, but my goal is to rack up the experience so that I can soon be doing things I really want to do.

Yesterday I walked in and bumped into a Doctor I used to have to see on a regular basis. I don't like the feelings our chance meetings provoke, and always try to come off as happy and put together as possible.

"How are you Val?" he said

"Super!" I said, and skipped off to do my work.

I told the Husband how I felt. He said "You'll just need to get over that."

That kind of advice has never helped me in the past. I don't suppose it will now. Please never give me that sort of suggestion. It makes me pinchy.

2 comments:

Amy said...

hey sis
yeah...I can understand why that would be hard. 'member though, you don't have to prove anything to him. Youre a great nurse and when you see him randomly its as one professional meeting another, thats it. Exude confidence in yourself and it will generate respect.

in other news, I misses you. but I spy on your blog randomly. Hopefully can talk soon. I have cool news. :) love ya *fake hugs*

Linda said...

Yeah. I can see how that would be awkward.

Pinchy. Cool word.