Monday, October 13, 2008

50 Things I'm Thankful For

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here are 50 things I'm thankful for.

1 - Being able to say "This is my family - My husband, and my Son."

2 - My parents and siblings.

3 - The In-laws

4 - The fact that my family loves to gather in the spirit of celebration. We really like each other!

5 - Faith

6 - Telephones

7 - Stable careers and reliable incomes

8 - Junk food. Sweet and salty alike

9 - Air Travel. Come home safely Mum and Dad.

10 - Autumn and the amazing colors that leaves turn

11 - The gym

12 - A good mattress

13 - My heating pad

14 - Tweezers

15 - And nail files

16 - Coffee. Shared with good company.

17 - Doctors. For the body and for the mind

18 - Parenthood. And the way it is molding my character.

19 - A Husband who comes home to me every night. And believes that I can do whatever I set my mind to.

20 - A year of Maternity leave

21 - The body I live in

22 - Washing machines and Dryers

23 - My dog Bentley
24 - The healing power of time
25 - Ball launchers for dogs
26 - Nap Time
27 - Friends who love me despite my shortcomings
28 - Disposable diapers
29 - Feta cheese
30 - Weather
31 - Random acts of kindness. There is a guy in my city who has stood on street corners and given away roses to men, women, children, homeless people, etc for 12 years straight. It made the news today.
32 - Bountiful food supplies
33 - Harvest time
34 - Cameras
35 - My conscience
36 - Talk radio
37 - Make-up
38 - Fresh coats of paint
39 - Cuddles
40 - Challenges, after the fact when I realize what I've learned
41 - Music that makes me tear
42 - A vehicle
43 - Teeth. I forgot how hard I had to work to get these. My son is still working on his first.
44 - Good neighbors
45 - A beautiful fish tank with gorgeous fish
46 - Connections
47 - A questioning mind
48 - Memories
49 - Privacy
50 - Straightening irons

4 comments:

mmichele said...

I really want to meet your baby. It's been too long.

Anonymous said...

CAMARAS ONLY MADE #34???

Linda said...

Love your list.

Anonymous said...

Lovely list -- and I am thankful to be back home! Looking forward to having coffee together and resuming out long phone chats! Love MOM