Saturday, October 4, 2008

Jehovah's Witnesses

This morning my doorbell rang. I was still in my PJ's when I went to answer. There stood a lovely woman and her young, maybe 7-ish, child. The child asked me if I believed in "Life in a Peaceful New World."

She was nervous, I could tell. What should I say?

"Ummm, I don't really know," I said, giving her a chance to practice.

She read me a verse from the Psalms. She looked at her Mom. And then me.

"Can you leave me with this tract?" she said, handing me a pamphlet. I took it and smiled at her. Her Mom put her arm around her shoulder and they walked down the sidewalk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to a stranger's door and distributing an unpopular message is certainly a very difficult thing for anyone to do, not to mention a 7 year old child.
Would you do it? If you were convinced that it is the right thing to do and it will benefit your neighbors you should!
The Bible does say that Jesus followers in the “times of the end” would preach from door to door all over the world.
Perhaps you should carefully read that tract and look up the scriptures in your Bible to see if this work that Jehovah's Witnesses are doing worldwide is something that you (and the of us) should pay attention to.
If the message that they are preaching is from God, we should ALL heed the warnings. The only way to know for sure is to open your Bible and carefully follow all the directions. That may save your life!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Val for being gentle with the little one. I would have grave questions about putting something like this on such a young child.
Maybe next time you should tell them "I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able, to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day!" We don't have to worry about the future because we know in whose hands it lies.

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda missed you in the "west wing" today. Thanks for letting me do that Val. God bless the child...and good point raised about does the Bibls teach that kind of sharing of one's faith.