Monday, April 9, 2007

Missing Easter

I hate missing holidays. I had to work over Christmas, and now Easter. I didn't get to take in a church service, see my extended family, or even the Husband. It's part of the lines of duty that we've put ourselves in, I suppose. He worked nights, I worked days. Feels to me like the holiday hasn't happened yet.

Last month Mum said "I think I won't be making any Easter baskets for my kids this year". I might have protested just a little. And I might have a basket crammed full of more stuff than ever sitting on my table. Or maybe 2. The Husband and I couldn't possibly share.

At least we had a potluck at work yesterday and a superb crew.

The best part of my day: Dad joined me and my pooch for a walk in the park and we marvelled at shelves of ice, laughed at the dog, and enjoyed being together.

So I guess it wasn't totally non-holiday-ish. But it certainly was second rate. Easter dinner to come at the Husband's side next week. Yum!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I suppose that is one of the more difficult things of shift work eh? But I for one appreciate those of you who are available evenings, weekends and holidays.