Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Lately

For all of you nosies out there, here's an update:


Last night was our first evening off together for a long time. After spending a few enjoyable hours at home group, we headed home to while away the hours until tiredness hit. Both of us were on late mode having come off evenings and nights. I asked the Husband to rent a movie. He chose a chick flick. We settled onto the couch with our pooch and enjoyed. It was a relaxing evening and communication flowed easily.

Tonight the Husband is balancing the girly girlness of last night with a serious Man-Date. Man-Dates have been happening for some time here. Together the boys make up the Travi (which includes a front AND back half) or the Uni-Trav. Various activities include beer and wings, watching 24, and tonight a new one - pool. I was going to disappear to the farm to give the boys their manly space. However, watching my pennies, as I do, I've decided to stay home. Turns out we need to head out there tomorrow for a check up with the vet anyways. Great, the boys said, you can make dinner.


And so I went grockering. Grockering is the verb for grocery shopping, for those who don't know. I came home and made a scrumptious pot of chili with lots of beans (sorry Lynds!) and cheesecake with wildberry topping for dessert.

I KNOW it was tasty.


I should win a "Good Wife" award. I've earned it.


Bentley has reached his one year mark. That means he's due for shots and a "check-up". The cost at the city vet I phoned - $86.50 plus tax. The country vet who has no decided schedule and works as a hobby - $40. Plus a free supper at Mum and Dad's at the other end. We also (finally) got him licensed today. Last time we tried they wanted proof of neuterization. Apparently "roll over" to prove said fact by the absence of testicles isn't proof. The girl we talked to this time was much more rational. Now he's legal. And he has a new collar and tag to prove it.

4 comments:

Linda said...

What a beauty Bentley is! I'm thinking Dixie will look a lot like him in a few months. I think I may need to find another vet (cheaper). I didn't know prices could vary so much!

mmichele said...

i love that nose photo. we should get bentley and jed together for a play date.

Anonymous said...

Always enjoy watching the two dogs, Bentley, and our-slightly less-classy-farm-dog Chester -- play like mad, chasing each other all over the yard, rolling the snow and muck -- for all the world like two high testosterone teenage boys! Even though they both don't have any of that! Hope he wasn't too big a mess when you got home! Love MOM

Valerie Ruth said...

michele - a play date would be ok only if we could make it a double date and sip coffee together or something while they play.