It's a pregnant, chocolate lover's dream! The ChocolateFest has apparently been happening in this city for the entire month of April with this girl totally unaware. Now, with the official start of maternity leave commencing today, I have a new mission: Take advantage of as many chocolate specials in the one week remaining this month as possible.
- Friends with whom to indulge
- $5 per dessert
The following top my list:
1) Dark Chocolate Ravioli - Stuffed with raspberry and vanilla, drizzled with white chocolate
(Bamboo on Corydon)
2) Kahlua Cream Chocolate Chip Cookie Monster Torte - Chocolate chip cookie layers filled with Kahlua cream and drizzled with double chocolate ganache
(Dessert Sinsations Cafe)
3) Chocolate Mousse Milles Feuilles - White & Dark chocolate mousse between layers of phyllo dough crisps, garnished with raspberry coulis and chocolate sauce
(Michele's at McPhillips Street Station)
4) Black Forest Trifle - layers of dark chocolate brownie, chocolate mouse, and sweet cherries topped with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings
(Prairie Ink Restaraunt)
5) Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Tart - Graham cracker crust filled with a truffle mixture, made with chocolate and cream with blended raspberries. Garnished with fresh raspberries.
(Royal Palms at Club Regent)
I am free all day, every day. Any takers?