Monday, November 3, 2008

This Week's Challenge

I love going to the gym. It gives me a break from my baby. When I'm doing cardio or lifting weights, all I'm thinking about is working out. It's a time to be selfish. A time to focus on myself. I'm convinced that exercise is a powerful anti-depressant.

I hate going to the gym. The more I go, the more I think about my body. I can't walk past a scale without stepping on it. I look at my tummy and see the outline of where my baby used to live. It's round. It used to be flat.

So I have this love-hate relationship with the gym. Truth is, I can get a bit obsessed about going. This week the Husband issued me a challenge. Should I accept and conquer the challenge, a prize awaits me. Take one week off from the gym. Get my eating and sleeping on track. Take naps. Record my diet. Consume a balanced diet, high in calories. Focus on my health. Then resume exercising.

I'm going to do it!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Good for you! Your husband is a wise man. And time at the gym is not selfish time. It is an important part of your life that helps you to keep balanced and healthy.

it's a gong show... said...

you can do it valerie!